Depending on the bookmaker and the sport, there are different types of total points in match bets. A total points bet is a wager on the combined score of both teams or players in a game or match.
The bookmaker sets a line for the expected number of points, and the bettor can bet on the score being more (over) or less (under) than the line.
How to Place a 1xBet Total Points in Match Bet with 1xBet
To place 1xBet total points in the match bet, you need to follow these steps:
- Log into your 1xBet account, or sign up if you are not registered.
- Find the match you want to bet on.
- Click on the match to open more wagers”.
- Go to “Total Points in Match.”
- Look over the total points options and find one that suits your prediction.
- Click on the odds and enter your stake.
- Confirm your bet and wait for the result.
Types of Total Points in Match Bet
There are different types of total points in match bets, depending on the sport and the bookmaker. Some of the common types are:
This is a total that is written as a whole number or a half fraction, such as 2 or 2.5. If you bet on a half fraction, there are only two possible outcomes: win or lose.
If you bet on a whole number, there is a third possible outcome: push or refund, which happens when the total score matches the number you bet on.
For example, if you bet on the under 2 in a soccer game, and the final score is 1-1, you will get your money back.
This is a total that is written as a decimal fraction with a value of 0.25 or 0.75 after the dot, such as 1.75 or 2.25. If you bet on an Asian total, your bet amount is split in half between two adjacent regular totals.
For example, if you bet 1000 shillings on the over 1.75 in a soccer game, you are actually betting 500 shillings on the over 1.5 and 500 shillings on the over 2.
This means you can win, lose, or win half of your bet, depending on the final score.
This is a bet on the exact total score of a game without any refunds. It is also known as a 3-way total, and it is usually marked with the letters 3W in the bookmaker’s line.
For example, if you bet on the 3W total of 2 in a soccer game, you will only win if the final score is 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2. Any other score will result in a loss.
Total points in match bets are popular among bettors because they do not depend on the game’s outcome or the performance of a single team or player.
They can also offer higher odds and more variety than other types of bets.
However, they also require careful analysis and research, as many factors can affect the scoring of a game, such as the weather, the injuries, the motivation, the tactics, the referee, and so on.
Basic Rules, Terminologies, and TAC on a Total Points in Match Bet
When engaging in Total Points in Match betting, there are some basic rules, terminologies, and terms and conditions (TAC) that you should be familiar with. Here’s a brief overview:
Selection of Over or Under
In a Total Points in Match bet, you choose whether the total points scored in a match will be over or under a specific number set by the bookmaker.
Ensure you know the specific rules regarding when the total points are calculated. In many sports, the total points are determined based on the regular playing time, excluding overtime or penalty shootouts.
You can still cash out before the game duration is over if you see the need to.
The cumulative number of points scored by both teams or participants in a match.
Betting on the outcome, the total points scored will be higher than the specified number set by the bookmaker.
Betting on the outcome, the total points scored will be lower than the specified number set by the bookmaker.
The specific number set by the bookmaker represents the total points for the bet. You bet on whether the total points will be over or under this line.
This stands for terms and conditions, which are the rules and regulations for your bet.
You should always read the TAC before placing a bet, as they may vary depending on the bookmaker, the sport, the event, and the type of bet.
Some common TACs that you should be aware of are:
Understand how the bookmaker settles Total Points bets. This may include whether extra time or penalty shootouts are included in the calculation.
Check the rules regarding void bets. If a match is canceled or incomplete, your bet may be voided, and your stake returned.
In the case of a postponed match, the bookmaker may either void the bet or settle it based on the result when the match is played.
Be aware that odds for Total Points bets can change, especially as the match approaches. The odds when placing the bet are the ones that apply to your wager. This is no different from other wagers like chain bets or parlays.
Sometimes, dead heat may occur if the total points land exactly on the line. Check the bookmaker’s rules on how they handle dead heat situations.
Errors in Odds
Understand the bookmaker’s policy if there are errors in the odds provided for Total Points bets. Some bookmakers reserve the right to correct errors.
The Pros and Cons of a Total Points in Match Bet
- Applicable to various sports
- Easy to understand and apply
- Different lines and odds are available
- It keeps bettors engaged throughout the match.
- Potential to hedge bets and minimize losses.
- The outcome depends on unpredictable scoring.
- Odds can fluctuate and require constant monitoring.
- Bookmaker’s profit margin may be relatively high.
How to Select Games for your Total Points Game
Selecting games for Total Points bets involves research, analysis, and understanding the dynamics of the sport you are interested in. Here are some tips to help you choose games for your Total Points bets:
- Have a good understanding of the sport you are betting on. Different sports have unique characteristics, and knowing how scoring works in that sport is crucial.
- Look into the teams or players participating in the match. Consider their recent performance, form, injuries, and other relevant factors that could impact scoring.
- Review the historical performance of the teams or players in terms of scoring. How many points do they typically score, and how many do they concede?
- Take into account the context of the match. Is it a crucial game for the teams involved? Are there any external factors, such as weather conditions, that could affect scoring?
- Monitor team news for any last-minute changes, injuries, or other factors that could influence the match outcome and scoring.
Remember that sports betting has no foolproof strategy, and outcomes can be unpredictable. Making informed decisions based on thorough research and practicing responsible gambling by setting limits and not chasing losses is essential.