One of the many things that make Sportpesa so appealing to Kenyans is the fact that you can top up your Sportpesa account using mobile money platforms. Currently, there is an MPESA paybill number and an Airtel Money alternative. As of now, Sportpesa doesn’t support direct bank deposits or allow users to deposit money from their bank accounts.
How to Top Up Sportpesa Account Via MPESA
You should use the Safaricom number attached to your Sportpesa account to do the top up since Sportpesa uses the sending phone number to deposit the funds to the appropriate betting account.
The Sportpesa paybill numbers that you can use are:
Follow this procedure to top up your Sportpesa account via MPESA
- Go to MPESA Menu
- Select Paybill option
- Enter one of the above business numbers. 955100 or 955700
- For account number, fill in SportPesa
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Enter your MPESA pin and confirm the transaction
- Wait for the MPESA confirmation message
- Your funds will reflect on your Sportpesa account immediately you receive the MPESA confirmation text
How to Top Up Sportpesa Account through Airtel Money
Once again, you must use the Airtel number you used to set up your Sportpesa account. There is no paybill numbers in Airtel. You will have to use the business number SPORTPESA.
Here is the procedure to follow:
- Go to your Airtel Money menu
- Select Make Payment
- Select Paybill and Select Other
- Enter the Sportpesa business number (SPORTPESA)
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Enter your Airtel MoneyPIN then enter FOOTBALL as the reference number
- Your Sportpesa account will be topped up once you receive the Airtel Money confirmation text
Currently, there is no procedure to top up your Sportpesa account from Equitel or Telkom cash. We will keep you posted once any new deposit or withdrawal procedures are available to Sportpesa users.