Changing your Betika password is a straightforward process, and I will take you through it step-by-step in this post, but before that, here are some of the main reasons that could compel you to change your password.
- You have forgotten your original password and need to reset it to access your account. This can happen if you have not logged in for a long time or used a complex or random password that is hard to remember.
- You want to update your password to make it more secure and prevent unauthorized access to your account. This can happen if you have used a weak or common password that can be easily guessed or hacked or if you have shared your password with someone else.
- You want to make your password more memorable or personal. This can happen if you have used a default or generic password that was assigned by Betika or if you want to use a password that reflects your interests and preferences.
How to change your Betika password
- Go to the Betika website or app and press Login. Follow this link to the registration page if you don’t have an account yet.
- Navigate to the password section and press Forgot Your Password
- Enter the phone number that you used to register your account and press Send Code
- Betika will send a reset code to your phone via SMS – note that this is NOT the password
- You can also retrieve your reset code by dialing *644*6*1#
- Enter your new password and confirm it
- Enter the code in the Verification Code section and press verify
- Your screen will display a ‘Password successfully reset’ –kindly log in and access your Betika account
- To avoid entering your password every time you return to Betika, press Keep Me Logged In
How to keep your password safe and memorable
- Create a strong password. Preferably one with a mixture of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Use a password manager. This is a software that helps you store and manage your passwords securely. You can use one master password to access all your other passwords.
- Avoid creating predictable passwords such as number sequences, your name, your birthday, or common words.
- Do not share passwords with other people. Even if you trust someone, sharing your password can compromise your account security and privacy.
- Change your password regularly. This can help you prevent unauthorized access to your account and protect your personal information.