Chinese Suuper League will be back in action this weekend when Changchun Yatai welcomes Wuhan Zall to Changchun Stadium in the 18th round of the competition. Kickoffs on September 24 at 12:30 EAT.
On a six-game winless run in front of their fans, Saturday’s hosts will need to turn things around on home turf to enjoy the second half of the season. Changchun Yatai occupies the 11th spot in the Chinese Super League table with 19 points, seven points off the top half and they have a game in hand.
Changchun Yatai prepares for this game hoping to make amends following 1-2 Super League loss defeat to Wuhan Three Towns in their previous encounter. In that match, Changchun Yatai managed 46% possession, 14 shots with five of them on target and a goal scored by Junior Negrao 56(P’). Wuhan Three Towns got 18 shots with five of them on target and goals by Davidson (13′) and Ademilson (81′).
Wuhan Zall on the other hands picked up just one point from the last 12 available, the Han Army have dropped to 14th with 17 points in the league standings but remain well clear of relegation zone. Saturday’s visitors now go in search of consecutive wins away from home for the first time since June
Wuhan Zall gets into this game off the back off 0-3 trashing at the hands of Shenzhen FC in their most recent outing. In that match, Wuhan Zall managed 61% possession and five shots with two of them on target. Shenzhen FC got nine shots with five of them on target and goals by Yuanyi Li (33′) and Jiang Zhipeng (69′).
Changchun Yatai vs. Wuhan head to head
Saturdays’ fixture will be the fifth head o head encounter between these two sides since 2013; three matches ended in stalemates and Changchun Yatai won the other one time while Wuhan is yet to win.
- Wuhan Yangtze River 2-2 Changchun Yatai 31/07/21
- Changchun Yatai 0-0 Wuhan Yangtze River 04/05/21
- Wuhan Yangtze River 1-2 Changchun Yatai 10/08/13
- Changchun Yatai 1-1 Wuhan Yangtze River 13/04/13
- Changchun Yatai 1-2 Wuhan Three Towns
- Changchun Yatai 0-1 Chengdu Rongcheng
- Cangzhou Mighty L. 1-2 Changchun Yatai
- Changchun Yatai 7-1 Hebei
- Tianjin Jinmen Tiger 2-2 Changchun Yatai
- Wuhan Yangtze River 0-3 Shenzhen FC
- Wuhan Yangtze River 1-2 Shandong Taishan
- Wuhan Yangtze River 2-2 Henan Songshan
- Wuhan Yangtze River1:4Beijing Guoan
- Guangzhou City 0-5 Wuhan Yangtze
Changchun Yatai team news
Manager Yang Chen will take to the pitch with a fully fit squad.
Wuhan Zall team news
Head Coach Li Jinyu has fully fit squad ahead of this game.
Prediction and odds
- Changchun Yatai team news
- Goals over 2.5
- Both teams to score